Week 2 Case Marketing Discussion BLSC (B)
Chapter 5: Analyzing Consumer and Business Markets
Bright Lights and Services Co. (B)
Discussing the Business Case
If you have not already done so, read BLSC (B) before completing the following discussion.
In this discussion we will build upon the BSLC (B) case report and responses you provided there by answering the following questions in a discussion.
- Discuss the role of the Brightland Chamber of Commerce.What suggestions do you have to improve the effectiveness of the Chambers promotional campaign to attract tourism and new business?
- Conduct a SWOT analysis for Brightland as a tourist destination and share your conclusions.
- Suggest a differential targeting strategy to the Chamber of Commerce to address residents’ concern about too many tourists.
- Post your responses to at least one of the above prompts in the Week 2 Case Discussions area, in the thread titled “BLSC (B).”
- You will be graded not on the quantity of your posts but the quality.
- You will be marked down if your post is not relevant to the question being discussed. Sometimes it might be appropriate to refer back to a statement made earlier, which is fine as long as you are not unduly rehashing a point that has already been made.
- Remember, we have all read the case/article, so excessively reciting facts that are given in the case will reflect negatively on your grade.
- Looking at the problem from a strategic point of view will positively reflect on your grade.
- If you believe a diagram you created will help your discussion, feel free to include it in your post.
- Although you do not need to respond to every question, responding to only one question is not sufficient for earning high marks. You must show that you understand the entire problem at hand through your well-thought-out answers.
- Your posts should reflect the cumulative knowledge you have gained from previous chapters.
Answer not yet available
To have this question done by our pool of professional writers, you can resubmit it here