Risk Identification and Mitigation
1. Using the annual report from the company that you have selected for your Final Project, discuss the risks the company faces and the actions they take to mitigate those risks. Refer to the Management Discussion and Analysis section of the annual report for this information.
As part of your response consider whether you think the risk mitigation techniques are reasonable. Discuss what others concerns or advice you would offer if you had the opportunity.
Include in your post a calculation for the probability of one of the risks identified by your company. This information may not be available in the annual report, therefore you will likely need to conduct research and critical thinking to complete this calculation.
Tip: For help with reading an annual report access this handy guide from Money Chimp(http://www.moneychimp.com/articles/financials/fundamentals.htm) .
Develop a 200 – 300 word explanation supporting your position.
2. Imagine you are a representative of management in the company you have selected for your Week Six assignment and you must make a capital budgeting decision. The decision is to implement a new computer network system to decrease the time between customer order and delivery. The cost will be 10% of last year’s profits. You are charged with describing the important considerations in the decision-making process to upper management. In your response, be sure to include the following:
- A description of the important factors, in addition to quantitative factors, that were considered when making this capital budgeting decision.
- An explanation of how these factors are significant to the company.
- A summary of how you will determine the criteria to rank capital budgeting decisions and whether some criteria are more important than others.
- A calculation of the proposed return on investment based on criteria you select and justification for that ROI.
Develop a 200 – 250 word explanation supporting your recommendations.
Tip: For help with reading an annual report access this handy guide from Money Chimp(http://www.moneychimp.com/articles/financials/fundamentals.htm)
3. As your text describes, ratio analysis is a common technique in financial analysis. One of your colleagues states that a thorough ratio analysis is all that is needed in considering the financial health of a company. Although you agree that ratio analysis is a helpful guide, there may be some potential pitfalls in ratio analysis.
Discuss at least three potential issues in utilizing ratio analysis that you would share with your colleague. In addition, calculate a liquidity, profitability, and efficiency ratio from your Week Six company to demonstrate your observations.
Develop a 200 – 300 word explanation supporting your findings.
Guided Response: Review several of your classmate’s postings. Respond to at least two of your classmates by commenting on any potential issues in using ratio analysis that were new to you. You may also provide another issue that your classmate had not considered.
Answer not yet available
To have this questions done by our pool of professional writers, kindly send us an email.
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org