Racial Profiling and Policing
Over the past few years, racial profiling has been in the news because of high profile cases involving the deadly force used against unarmed African American men. To set the tone for this discussion, please read How Much Racial Profiling Happens in Ferguson?
If you would like additional materials to help you in this week’s discussion, you may also review the following resources:
- Center for Policing Equity (UCLA)
- Race, Trust and Police Legitimacy
Based on your review of the resource(s) above, please address the following:
- Define racial profiling.
- Explain the connection between stereotypes and racial profiling.
Apply what you have learned from the discussion of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri to another recent case. Select one of the African American men listed below, and present how racial profiling occurred in that case. Use statistics and evidence from at least one news source to support this position.
- Trayvon Martin in Sanford, Florida (February 26, 2012)
- Eric Garner in New York City, New York (July 17, 2014)
- Walter Scott in Charleston, South Carolina (April 4, 2015)
- Freddie Gray in Baltimore, Maryland (April 19, 2015)
Your initial post for each discussion should be a minimum of 250 words. Use scholarly sources to support your responses. Include citations and references in APA style.
Answer not yet available
To have this questions done by our pool of professional writers, kindly send us an email.
Email to email@example.com