Assignment – Regulations
Review the following web page:http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/understanding/training/
Select a state regulation from a US state of your choice on one of the following topics. Prepare an annotated copy of the regulation including the sections you reviewed to answer the questions in the following format: Prepare a two (2) page response addressing all information in the following table. Highlight five to six notable parts to the regulations. For each of the parts describe how the patient, provider, product developer, health care organization and payer may be impacted. Remember to write in narrative format except for titles. Use citations and attach the notated regulation.
- Front line workers are required to be immunized for influenza and potentially other contagious diseases. Where does this requirement come from and how does the state regulation ensure compliance?
- Health professionals have responsibility for reporting elder and child abuse and neglect. How do state regulations help to meet this expectation?
- Long-term care facilities must offer certain services according to state standards. What are they?
- Some states have a certificate of need program to assess the need for new health service providers. How does this work?
- Lead paint screening is a federal initiative that takes place in nearly every state, how are these services regulated on the state level?
- Sexually transmitted diseases are reportable under state regulation. What diseases and what regulations ensure this reporting properly.
- Parental notification is required for the treatment of minors. Select a state and indicate how parental notification related to teen pregnancy in that state.
- Patients must consent to participate in research studies, including granting permission to use their biological tissues for tissue banks or organ banks. Does this involve state regulations if not what laws govern this?
- Health insurance is administered on a state level. What state regulations govern Health Information Exchange? (Note you must select a state with a Health Information Exchange in operation or close to operation.)
- Alcohol and drug treatment varies widely across states. Select a state and note the specific regulations about drug treatment facilities.
|Student Name:||Type your name here.|
|Assignment #3 Title:||Provide a short name and the official title of the State Rules.|
|Agency Responsible:||Identify the state agency and subunit (such as a bureau or office) responsible for oversight of the rules.|
|Incentives and Enforcement:||What carrot (incentives) and sticks (enforcements and punishments) are noted in the regulations? Is there training for personnel? Technical Assistance?|
|Key Aspect of the Regulation #1:||How does this section of the regulation impact payers/insurers/health plans, health care professionals, health provider organizations, or health product developers?|
|Key Aspect of the Regulation #2:|
|Key Aspect of the Regulation #3:|
|Key Aspect of the Regulation #4:|
|Key Aspect of the Regulation #5:|
|Notated Copy of the Rules:||Attach the copy of the regulation that you have marked up. Underline, highlight or note key sections. Mark them (1), (2), (3), etc. You may use technology to mark up in PDF or print, handwrite and scan the rules. Attach when you submit the assignment.|
All sections of Assignment are required.
Grading Rubric for written Assignment
|40%||Critical Thinking Skills: Clearly presents thoughts and concepts. Diagrams elements of a graphic in correct relationship to one another.|
|30%||Course Content: Uses, applies, and demonstrates understanding of course materials, readings, Discussions, and instructor-provided content. Visual and graphic images capture and display understanding of the concepts|
|15%||Assignment Instructions: Responds to assignment instructions, including all essential elements of the project description.|
|15%||Writing Quality: Writes clearly, concisely, and with few errors. APA format is followed. Citations are used. Clearly presents material graphically. Easy to understand.|
|100%||Maximum total points|
Answer not yet available
To have this questions done by our pool of professional writers, kindly send us an email.
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org