Prior to this assignment, review Chapter 12: Global Marketing Channels and Physical Distribution, and carefully analyze Case 12-2: Can Walmart Crack the Retail Code in India? Review the Intro and Company Profile sections in the Walmart Case Study (Links to an external site.) It is also recommended to review the Forbes School of Business and Technology MBA Walmart Case Study (Links to an external site.) handout.
Your assignment will build upon your final paper about Walmart from your BUS621: Leadership and Teamwork course. The program-level purpose of this case study is for you to analyze Walmart from different angles (leadership style, marketing strategies and tactics, HR, financial aspects, etc.), so by the end of your MBA program you will have completed Walmartâ€™s big-picture puzzle.
In your BUS621: Leadership and Teamwork course, you selected a country for Walmart to expand to, and you also analyzed various leadership models and skills that applied to your selected country. Using the same country from BUS621, in this assignment you will build on your previous Walmart work and develop some place strategies as Walmart expands its global marketing activities to this country..
Address the following points for the selected country:
- Summarize some of the elements in your selected countryâ€™s political, economic, and cultural environments that can impact the market opportunity for Walmart expansion.
- Discuss the market expansion strategy you would suggest for Walmart in your selected country based on your environmental review and referring to Figure 12-4 in your text.
- Analyze each utility that Walmart may be creating in the country of your choice.
- As a reminder, you learned that channels create utility for customers (place utility, form utility, time utility, and information utility) that can be leverages as a source of competitive advantage.
- Explain which utility can potentially work as a competitive advantage for Walmart considering its target market and their needs, wants, and preferences in your selected country.
- Formulate a strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT) analysis for Walmart.com in your selected country, considering the growth of global online retailers like Amazon.com, Aliexpress.com, Target.com, and eBay.com as competitors of Walmart.com, and based on the factors you evaluated in the first directive. You may refer to the Writing Centerâ€™s Swot Analysis (Links to an external site.) resource.
The Walmart Case Study paper
- Must be three to four double-spaced pages in length (including title and references pages and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Centerâ€™sâ€¯APA Style (Links to an external site.) as outlined in the Writing Centerâ€™s APA Formatting for Microsoft Word (Links to an external site.) resource.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper in bold font
- Space should appear between the title and the rest of the information on the title page.
- Studentâ€™s name
- Name of institution
- Course name and number
- Instructorâ€™s name
- Due Date
- Title of paper in bold font
- Must use at least two scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources
- Course Text reference- Green, M. C., & Keegan, W. J. (2020). Global marketing (10th ed.). Pearson.
- The full-text version of this ebook is available in your online classroom through the VitalSource Platform.
***I will attach the previous assignment with all the necessary information for this assignment. I will also upload the last feedback from last assignment. This paper must have an abstract and SWOT analysis. I hope you can access the book for this assignment.